I am a PhD student in the College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) at the Australian National University (ANU). I am also a research student at the Australian Centre for Robotic Vision (ACRV) and the Vision-Ask-Answer-Act Lab (V3A).
Prior to that, in Nov’2018, I received my bachelor degree of engineering in mechatronic systems with a first-class honours in the College of Engineering and Computer Science at ANU. During my undergraduate study, I spent 1 years and 3 months as a part-time research student at the Data61, CSIRO, working on human pose and shape visualization.
I has a broad research interests in computer vision, natural language processing and robotics. Currently, my main research focus is on the problem of Vision-and-Language Navigation (VLN). I believe, VLN provides a great oppotunity to merge a wide range of visiolinguistic research to create an embodied interative vision-and-language system which is practical to assist human in real-world.
- Paper Learning Structure-Aware Semantic Segmentation with Image-Level Supervision by Jiawei Liu, Dr. Jing Zhang, Prof. Nick Barnes and myself, has been accepted to IJCNN 2021! Congrats Jiawei on his first paper in computer vision! PDF coming soon! 😀
- Our Thinking-VLN repo is online! Come to enjoy our immature ideas and share your thoughts! Just for FUN thinking!
- Our paper A Recurrent Vision-and-Language BERT for Navigation has been accepted to CVPR 2021 as an Oral paper with 3 strong accepts! 😆😆😆
- I gave a guest lecture in the Deep Learning Course at ANU (ENGN8536) about Vision and Language Research! My first lecture at Uni! Nervous and Fun! 😀
- Our paper Language and Visual Entity Relationship Graph for Agent Navigation has been accepted to NeurIPS 2020! 😀
- Our paper Sub-Instruction Aware Vision-and-Language Navigation has been accepted to EMNLP 2020! My first paper! 😊
A Recurrent Vision-and-Language BERT for Navigation
Yicong Hong, Qi Wu, Yuankai Qi, Cristian Rodriguez-Opazo, Stephen Gould
Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2021
Language and Visual Entity Relationship Graph for Agent Navigation
Yicong Hong, Cristian Rodriguez-Opazo, Yuankai Qi, Qi Wu, Stephen Gould
Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS), 2020
Sub-Instruction Aware Vision-and-Language Navigation
Yicong Hong, Cristian Rodriguez-Opazo, Qi Wu, Stephen Gould
Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP), 2020
Know What and Know Where: An Object-and-Room Informed Sequential BERT for Indoor Vision-Language Navigation
Yuankai Qi, Zizheng Pan, Yicong Hong, Ming-Hsuan Yang, Anton van den Hengel, Qi Wu
arXiv preprint, 2021