I am a PhD student in the College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) at the Australian National University (ANU). I am also a research student at the Australian Centre for Robotic Vision (ACRV) and the Vision-Ask-Answer-Act Lab (V3A).
Prior to that, in Nov’2018, I received my bachelor degree of engineering in mechatronic systems with a first-class honours in the College of Engineering and Computer Science at ANU. During my undergraduate study, I spent 1 years and 3 months as a part-time research student at the Data61, CSIRO, working on human pose and shape visualization.
I have a broad research interests in computer vision, natural language processing and robotics. Currently, my main research focus is on the problem of Vision-and-Language Navigation (VLN). I believe, VLN provides a great oppotunity to merge a wide range of visiolinguistic research to create an embodied interative vision-and-language system which is practical to assist human in real-world.
- Paper Learning Structure-Aware Semantic Segmentation with Image-Level Supervision by Jiawei Liu, Dr. Jing Zhang, Prof. Nick Barnes and myself, has been accepted to IJCNN 2021! Congrats Jiawei on his first paper in computer vision! 😀
- Our Thinking-VLN repo is online! Come to enjoy our immature ideas and share your thoughts! Just for FUN thinking!
- Our paper A Recurrent Vision-and-Language BERT for Navigation has been accepted to CVPR 2021 as an Oral paper with 3 strong accepts! 😆😆😆
- I gave a guest lecture in the Deep Learning Course at ANU (ENGN8536) about Vision and Language Research! My first lecture at Uni! Nervous and Fun! 😀
- Our paper Language and Visual Entity Relationship Graph for Agent Navigation has been accepted to NeurIPS 2020! 😀
- Our paper Sub-Instruction Aware Vision-and-Language Navigation has been accepted to EMNLP 2020! My first paper! 😊
A Recurrent Vision-and-Language BERT for Navigation
Yicong Hong, Qi Wu, Yuankai Qi, Cristian Rodriguez-Opazo, Stephen Gould
Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2021
Language and Visual Entity Relationship Graph for Agent Navigation
Yicong Hong, Cristian Rodriguez-Opazo, Yuankai Qi, Qi Wu, Stephen Gould
Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS), 2020
Sub-Instruction Aware Vision-and-Language Navigation
Yicong Hong, Cristian Rodriguez-Opazo, Qi Wu, Stephen Gould
Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP), 2020
Know What and Know Where: An Object-and-Room Informed Sequential BERT for Indoor Vision-Language Navigation
Yuankai Qi, Zizheng Pan, Yicong Hong, Ming-Hsuan Yang, Anton van den Hengel, Qi Wu
arXiv preprint, 2021